The Infinite Dream of Pao Yu

lunes, 7 de julio de 2008

A petición del buen Michael Miller de la UIA en Puebla, les traigo de nuevo “el infinito sueño de Pao Yu” de Tsao Hsue-Kin solo que ahora en ingles.

P.D. ya lo iré subiendo a mi blog en otros Idiomas. ¡Que lo disfruten!



The Infinite Dream of Pao Yu.



Pao Yu dreams that he is in an identical garden to the one in his own house. When he finds his maidservants in the garden, he approaches them. They seem to recognize him at first, but then they act confusedly and say "Oh I am sorry -- we mistook you for Pao Yu, our master, but you are not as handsome as he is." As the maidservants leave, Pao Yu is left dumbfounded and decides to follow them. He then arrives to a patio that seems very familiar. He goes up the stairs and enters his room, where a young man lies in bed talking to his maidservants. One of the maidservants asks the young man: "What are you dreaming Pao Yu? Is something troubling you?". "I had a strange dream. I dreamt that I was in a garden and that you didn't recognize me and left me alone. I followed you all the way to my house and found another Pao Yu sleeping in my bed". When Pao Yu hears this dialogue he comes into the chamber and exclaims, "I came in search of another Pao Yu, and it's you".




As both men embrace, a distant voice calls Pao Yu from the garden. Both Pao Yus tremble. The dreamt one leaves. Pao Yu wakes up. His maid asks him, "What are you dreaming, Pao Yu? Is something troubling you?". "I had a strange dream. I dreamt that I was in a garden and that you didn't recognize me..."

Tsao Hsue-Kin, "The Dream of the Red Chamber"

0 comentarios: